Monday, November 3, 2014

"bring in here the poor and the crippled, the blind and the lame"

Luke 14:15-24
incarnationparish.org 
One of those at table with Jesus said to him, "Blessed is the one who will dine in the kingdom of God."
He replied to him, "A man gave a great dinner to which he invited many. 
When the time for the dinner came, he dispatched his servant to say to those invited, 'Come, everything is now ready.' 
But one by one, they all began to excuse themselves. The first said to him, 'I have purchased a field and must go to examine it; I ask you, consider me excused.' 
And another said, 'I have purchased five yoke of oxen and am on my way to evaluate them; I ask you, consider me excused.' 
And another said, 'I have just married a woman, and therefore I cannot come.' 
The servant went and reported this to his master. Then the master of the house in a rage commanded his servant, 'Go out quickly into the streets and alleys of the town and bring in here the poor and the crippled, the blind and the lame.' 
The servant reported, 'Sir, your orders have been carried out and still there is room.' 
The master then ordered the servant, 'Go out to the highways and hedgerows and make people come in that my home may be filled. 
For, I tell you, none of those men who were invited will taste my dinner.'" 




Reflection:

Let me share to you my simple reflection on the passage that strike me most. I will be sharing two (2) points in the passage; being called and being blessed.

First, being called. We are all called by God in a very special way as He describes in the book of Psalms and in Jeremiah...He knows us through and through. We are invited by our God to be a good follower and doer of Christian values. Yes, it may sound heavy bu the very invitation is to learn to love others and self so that we can love God.

Second, being blessed. Day to day in our existence we are called and were blessed in a special way by God. We are blessed by the gift of life and graces we have. The gift of Family or even our gift of community. We have the gift of people, friendship and companionship. We are all blessed for He is with us from time to time and He called us to be united in Him in prayer and by doing good to others. Our act of doing good is an act of LOVE that we transcend to others.

Lastly, because we know for a fact that we are called and blessed by God, we have an invitation to do good things to others who are in need and show our act of LOVE to others. Be a bearer of God's love and peace. Be an instrument of God for others to know God and show how God loves His flock.

No comments:

Post a Comment