Tuesday, January 13, 2015

"He cured many who were sick with various diseases"

Mark 1:29-39

On leaving the synagogue Jesus entered the house of Simon and Andrew with James and John.
Simon's mother-in-law lay sick with a fever. They immediately told him about her.
He approached, grasped her hand, and helped her up. Then the fever left her and she waited on them.
When it was evening, after sunset, they brought to him all who were ill or possessed by demons.
The whole town was gathered at the door.
He cured many who were sick with various diseases, and he drove out many demons, not permitting them to speak because they knew him.
Rising very early before dawn, he left and went off to a deserted place, where he prayed.
Simon and those who were with him pursued him
and on finding him said, "Everyone is looking for you."
He told them, "Let us go on to the nearby villages that I may preach there also. For this purpose have I come."
So he went into their synagogues, preaching and driving out demons throughout the whole of Galilee.


Reflection:

I am inviting you to journey with me in this short reflection of mine in today's Gospel. I am touched by the phrase "He cured many who were sick with various diseases".

This phrase touched me for he reason that all of us needs healing from our Lord. Though we say it's not instant yet through series of formations and discipline we can be assured by the grace of God touching us and healing us in a very special way. Most of our problems today are psychological related diseases, if we open our hearts and allow God to touch us then healing is very possible.

In my very personal experience and encounter with my God in my formation years, i face many frustrations and challenges in life. I have more anxieties than of trusting my self and others. It is not easy to face them as they surface one by one. And as i recognize my weakness slowly i face them and open my heart and allow the Holy Spirit to work in my life. The will is from God to heal but the choice is within us to open our hearts and recognize this burdens we have in life.

At this very point i am challenging you in a very special way to offer to our God whatever you feel right now, your frustrations, diseases, ailments and other psychological related problems. Open your heart and allow God to touch you. Pray constantly and with humility ask for healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment